Sunday, June 13, 2010

know when to fold 'em


I don't usually go with P to do the laundry.  Partly because the whole point is that he does it so I don't have to and can focus on my studies, and partly because I'm kind of insane about the clothes-washing-process and can't really handle seeing it done with anything less than my bizarre standards of precision, which our current laundry room simply cannot accommodate.  Basically it pains me to be there, so I stay away and keep my mouth shut except to lavish him with praise for taking care of things.  Believe me ~ I know how lucky I am ~ he also does all the cooking and cleaning (I strive to eschew traditional gender roles whenever possible).


I haven't very much to say about this outfit, other than I really loved it and it didn't photograph as well as I would have liked (notice how I passed the buck to the outfit, and not the photographer ~ aka myself).  The dress is more comfortable than every nightgown I've ever known, and I would probably still be wearing it right now (three days later) if P weren't here to stop me.  The socks were a particularly nice addition since I could pull them up above my knees for added warmth.   

(Uniqlo x Costello Tagliapietra dress, J.Crew socks, Cole Haan flats, Frank Gehry/Tiffany necklace and earrings, Pianegonda ring, James Avery bangle, Movado watch, Navajo bracelet) 

2 comments:

  1. i'm still looking for a dress like the one you're wearing. it's simple and i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! Reminds me of my laundry room at school. Terrible! I love your his and her blog concept, by the way! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Emily
    http://stylishdistractions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

tell us how you really feel.